Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It's Only the Beginning!

WELCOME SUMMER!!!

With that I must say, if all goes as planned...this shall be a very studious summer. BUT that means I must actually get my arse into gear and start studying!

There are so many things that I must get myself prepared for...

1) Being a Senior student in the ATEP...aka Being a Level III!

Well graduation has come and gone, and I'm now officially a senior student. Granted, yes, I have technically been a senior student for a while, I've reached the zenith of the Athletic Training Educational Program. Well, maybe not exactly the zenith, I guess that would actually come at graduation. So what does being a Level III mean? Simple, work with a sport(s), actually doing rehabs, treatments, etc....as well as teaching the incoming Level II's. What this means is that I'm definitely going over my muscles (origins, insertions, actions, innervations), going over my Injury Evaluation book, going over my Therapeutic Modalities book, and well basically going over any type of resource that I have to further enhance my knowledge. This way, I'll be better prepared to work with my sports as well as help with any questions or learnings that the Level IIs have...my hopes is that I can become a great resource for them. Lets hope this plan will come into fruition!

2) GRE

Hello SATs on crack! I'm scheduled to take the GRE (Graduate Records Examination) in August. Hopefully I'll get a good score, good enough to get me into a good if not great graduate school in hopes that I can get a GA-ship as an athletic trainer there. I figured, take it over summer when I have time to study for it. Hopefully pass it with a high enough score that I won't have to worry about taking it again. This will allow me time in Winter to start studying for the BOC. That way I don't have to study for the GRE and BOC at the same time!

I guess you can kind of see that I'm more of a planner of sorts!

3) NREMT

I took the EMT course and have the option to sit for this exam. Honestly, I'm not ready to take it at this moment. However, if I'm able to schedule it sometime in the near future a little further down future...then I'll take it. This will allow me some time to study for this test as well.

Aside from studying, i'm just hoping to make this summer a good one. I know this year I'm not traveling out of country, but I'm still going to try to make the most of it! I do intend on going to Disneyland after June 3rd since Star Tours 3D opens back up then haha. yes, I'm a dork...and yes I went earlier and star tours was closed and I was a little saddened. So I shall keep whoever reads this posted if they are interested. If anyone reads this at all! Until then! Happy Summer!

Shayne

I tend to update these more:
www.twitter.com/shayneashley05
http://shayneashley05.tumblr.com/

No comments: